Saturday, November 8, 2008

Random Thoughts, Part 1

Random thoughts and addendums: 

• We never made it to the Rock Hall. Delays. Changes in plans. We had planned to go on Sunday before my surgery, but changed our plans when we learned the Browns game would be letting out and Bruce Springsteen was performing a free concert in downtown Cleveland. Things were hopping in Cleveland this day, and we didn't want to have to deal with the throngs of people. 
• I arrived at the CC on November 4 for my surgery. Standard questions. Vitals. Gowned up. They even shaved my chest. Ready to go. Not yet. A doc and a nurse came in and told me that Dr. M had an emergency come up and that I was going to be bumped till Wed. They said there was a chance that I could get bumped, but I didn't think I'd get bumped TWO days. 
• Since I wasn't having surgery, we had a nice lunch at Claddagh (factoid: they do serve beer on election day in Ohio...not sure if they still prohibit it in Indiana or not).  
• The patient rooms at the CC has 42-inch flat screen TVs. But a lot of the effect was lost because the sound still came out of the crummy, bed-side, drive-in-movie-theater-like speaker. Man, I'm a whiner, don't you think?
• Lots of ways to improve efficiency, even at one of the best hospitals in the world. 
• We had to drive back from Cleveland because I had complications with my lungs. Note: make sure the rental company takes debit cards BEFORE you reserve a car. 

No comments: